Sunday 7 May 2017

Animated Documentary - Week 11

Initially one of my collaborative partners and I worked together on producing the assets for the characters within this animation.  However, critical feedback highlighted the fact that our respective assets were of different styles. This brought to our attention the problem of using two different character artists with different styles.

With this I looked towards making a small gif for the caravan's time lapse travelling along the Silk Road.
I then went to work on creating the backgrounds for this gif to be walking against using the drafted concepts made by one of my collaborative partners.

Story Board with the scenes I have made backgrounds for

These backgrounds have layers to them so that I can create depth by moving each layer separately while the caravan walks along. This will make it look like the camera is following the caravan as the scenery drifts by.
Desert
Rocky
Grass Lands
Final Caravan Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment