Wednesday 9 May 2018

D&AD Collaboration - Beano Brief, Ivy The Terrible

For this collaboration I teamed up with Natalia Llamas and Grace Qin for the D&AD brief for animating a female character from Beano.

At first we each made our own interpretations of a female character we decided to animate.
As shown below I made a design of Minnie the Minx previous to this decision but we decided that we'd prefer to animate Ivy the Terrible.
As shown also below I made various designs for my interpretation of Ivy.

This is the final design Natalia made we decided to choose for Ivy the Terrible, the two last designs:
Storyboarding by Natalia:



It shows the mischievous Ivy trying to get a cookie only to be sent flying into the fridge.
However, the force of the impact was enough to make a cookie fall from above ending the animation with her catching and biting into the cookie.

Below is are fully coloured versions of Ivy made by Grace using Natalia's version of Ivy:

I worked mostly on the animated video, majority of the animating and colouring  is done by me.
Natalia worked on the background, assets and audio.
Grace helped out finish off part of the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment