Wednesday 26 April 2017

Collaborative Practice - YCN Roald Dahl, Research

Through researching the books I looked into moments in the book to make sure what happened since I have only known most of Dahl's stories though films which could be different in many ways to the books.

These are some examples:
In the book of The BFG the bad giants actually used BFG like a toy and played catch with him,
a scene I'm not familiar with from the drawn animated film.

In the film The Witches I recalled how the Grand High Witch killed another witch by shooting energy from her finger, but in the book she shoots energy from her eyes.
In the book The BFG the girl Sophie is depicted with long blond hair yet in the film she is depicted with short ginger hair.

In the book 'The Witches' it is described that the witches are bald just like how they are in the film, so this cancels out some of my designs where I depict the witches having some strands of hair.
Thanks to this I am able to understand what is required for the scenes, so that I don't just reimagine them with my own ideals but also take into account what is described in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment