Saturday 12 March 2016

Captain Character Creating Models







Here we were shown the process by which latex models are made. This is a better material for professional models used in stop motion than plasticine (e.g. Aardman animations such as Shaun the Sheep). However, the process is long and latex is expensive.




















 
We were tasked with creating our own character models with a wire armature and plasticine. Foam was also used to create a torso, head and any other body parts as we please.

It was interesting to make but it didn't feel like the sort of animation I would like to do. Also, the model I made wasn't great as the armature is stiff, making it hard to move the limbs without squashing the plasticine. Through this I see how latex would be a better option and may have interested me more. However, as I have said, this isn't the sort of animation I am interested in.














Finally we were tasked with creating a wooden model, like a puppet. Making my model was interested but I was disappointed with the result. I made each part of my character rather well but I had no idea how best to fit the parts together other than to follow instructions. If given more time to plan this method out I would have designed something more appealing. However, again this isn't something I am interested in the work of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment