Tuesday 18 October 2016

Telling Tales - Week 2

Sparrowhawk and Peregrine Falcon
During this week I focused on creating more designs for my characters and possible weapons for my very main character (who will need them to turn from prey to predator)

As shown above I look at birds of prey and tried drawing up an anthropomorphic Sparrowhawk. However I decided I will use a realistic design for the bird of prey.

Poses
Above I considered medieval weapons for my prey character but felt I was focusing to much on medieval weapons like the mice in 'Mouse Guard'. Therefore I considered using more modern weapons like guns and knives which I believe will work well.

Concepts for final main character design
Below is my final design for my main prey character. However, by the end of the animation he could be percieved as the predator. As noted in the image 'eyes of a predator face forward' most animated animal character designs' eyes face forward despite their species. This could be even more distinctive in my story if I keep the bird of prey anatomically accurate, as it is in real life. This will emphasise how stylised my supposed 'prey' character really is because a prey's eyes, like mice, don't point forward but to the sides.

Gangster Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment