Saturday 12 March 2016

Captain Character Final Designs






Here I started to adopt and develop my chosen design through a series of poses showing how I imagine him to be depicted. He is an example of a grumpy teenage boy whom I exaggerate by making him slouch when he shows an angry expression. While he is smiling or neutral he maintains a straight posture. His slouch is so exaggerated his pelvis leans forward almost making an s-shape with his torso and legs. Kind of like a Seahorse. As shown his torso is modelled around a curved cylinder like shape.





I needed to show examples of facial expressions I imagine my character to have as well as a T-pose. As a very grumpy character I don't imagine him with many expressions other than anger. The exception when he becomes a dog as this experience is for the purpose of changing his attitude towards all animals whom he hates.










The above image shows front view, side view and 3/4 view of my character, including a side view of his dog form. As shown many features of my character's human form are reminiscent of his dog form. Features such as head shape, spiked up hairs, thick torso shape and big feet. The dog's ears also emphasise his human form's spiked up hairs and parts of the dog resemble that of an actual breed (e.g. the curly tail which suggests the breed of dog he is, an Akita).



 Poses of character in both forms

No comments:

Post a Comment